Carnivores CE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carnivores series prototype crap

4 posters

Go down

Carnivores series prototype crap Empty Carnivores series prototype crap

Post  MR.X Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:11 am

I'm currently working on a Prototype notations section on my Carnivores Fan Guild site. Any unused text and command strings from the Source code of any of the games would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! I've currently posted everything I knew was related to prerelease material. However since I don't "currently" have possession of the source code, I cannot document any new findings within the source.
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Male Number of posts : 42
Location : Bloomington, Indiana, USA. Home of Indiana University
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Dinosaur
Name: Justin AKA Glisp
Health:
Carnivores series prototype crap Left_bar_bleue100/100Carnivores series prototype crap Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Species: Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Carnivores series prototype crap Empty Re: Carnivores series prototype crap

Post  RexHunter99 Fri May 01, 2009 7:35 am

I think our agreement (CCET, machf and Dinoguy1000) was that we were not to release the source to the public in any form at all, meaning even the comments that were in the unmodified code Sad

Mainly, the interesting stuff was that the C1 dinosaur/weapon stats were simply commented out of the code, (nothing special since both ADP and I returned these stats to the _RES.txt)
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Male Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Dinosaur
Name: James
Health:
Carnivores series prototype crap Left_bar_bleue100/100Carnivores series prototype crap Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Species: Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  MR.X Mon May 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Alright then. Were there any references to the lost multiplayer mode? Oh and thank you for the verification.
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelphospro Wed May 06, 2009 3:36 am

Actually, there aren't any. The "Coop mode" is related to the sound engine (it sets 'coop' to tell Windows to share the sound engine with other programs, or for the video engine, DirectDraw, to to share DD functionality with other programs).

There are SOME references to MP in the source, but only variable names (like, the player's ip address and such, but no MP gameplay code except what I've added)
Adelphospro
Adelphospro
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 157

Dinosaur
Name: Bob
Health:
Carnivores series prototype crap Left_bar_bleue0/0Carnivores series prototype crap Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Species: Tyrannosaurus rex

http://www.adelphospro.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MR.X Sun May 17, 2009 6:33 am

Has it been concluded of what the Poacher was originally intended to be or not?
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  RexHunter99 Sun May 17, 2009 8:36 am

To be what? An AI in Ice Age? I think it was... the code was ready for the poacher to be used... I think the problem they encountered was the fact that the Poacher could shoot too which posed a problem to the weapon system already hardcoded... Ironically the Poacher is the perfect mesh for a multiplayer character, but by IceAge I think they had decided to not implement Multiplayer because of the complex ecosystem.
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Male Number of posts : 268

Dinosaur
Name: James
Health:
Species: Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  MR.X Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks to P.Rex I was able to find some really good shit. He had posted it on his now abandoned Carnivores Fan Site attempt and said I could use anything on his Carnivores Fan site for mine. I've also been speaking to an acquaintance who is a guy that tracks down and buys video game prototypes for public distribution. Normally, he only hunts for rom files but he probably will make an exception. His site has over 1000 different prototypes including some builds of an old 3D Turok Advance test Protoype.

When I contacted him on Sonic Retro he replied that he hadn't heard of any Carnivores Prototypes and asked if I had contacted the Developers and I said no but now I will since he asked.

I'm willing to help raise some serious cash to purchase a prototype of any one of the Carnivores games. the Earlier it is, the better.

As a matter of fact, here is a link to my site and to screenshots of prototype Carnivores 1 and 2. (There weren't any Ice Age ones sadly.):

Now, behold the information I have gathered.
Carnivores Fan Guild Prototype Notations

Feel free to browse the rest of the site. (You don't have to though.)
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  raptorkiller2 Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:09 pm

looks good
raptorkiller2
raptorkiller2
CCET Modeller
CCET Modeller

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down