Carnivores CE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor Modding

2 posters

Go down

Minor Modding Empty Minor Modding

Post  red7204 Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:02 am

I just started playing carnivores again and thought about modding it. I looked up how to mod Carnivores 2 and other mods for it (extreme mod and Community edition). I have some experience with modding meshes and texture files. I looked over the directory and found the RES file and how to make changes to it with the weapons, dinosaurs.

But other than that I don't know anything about CAR files or RSC files other than their online definitions, an Archiver file and Rescource file. I Downloaded the Extreme Mod which has a CAR editor, and a few other tools from the forums like the 3dfx plugin.

My questions are how do I edit the areas, for example changing the number of dinosaurs for each location, the random dinosaurs and their numbers, editing the values of the equipment, and changing the running speed. Did not find anything in the RES file for this. I plan to look over the folder again, to see what I can find but any help would be appreciated.

I downloaded notepad ++ and looked at the files but no luck. I also have a hex editor but not much luck opening files with it. It crashed a few times, not sure if it is the hex editor or the files themselves.

I think Carnivores has loads of potential and think certain changes would make it even greater, despite how old it is. I like the mods added btw, like the extreme mod.

Unfortunately the software/direct 3d shows its age, I have windows 7 and have a few glitches with the water and the screen. But I also have DGvoodoo 1.30, 1.50 beta 1 and 2 for the 3dfx glide and it works well with it except a few lags. If anyone wants a copy of dgvoodoo, I have them on my computer. The guns look much nicer with 3dfx glide as well.

Thanks for any help!!

red7204
Moshops
Moshops

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Minor Modding Empty Re: Minor Modding

Post  Adelphospro Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:05 am

See www.carnivoressaga.com and our home forums at http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Carnivores_Saga/index.php for descriptions of the file formats Smile

Sorry for the long delay. We are currently more active on the home forums.
Adelphospro
Adelphospro
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Dinosaur
Name: Bob
Health:
Minor Modding Left_bar_bleue0/0Minor Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Species: Tyrannosaurus rex

http://www.adelphospro.com

Back to top Go down