Carnivores CE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm tired of being without D3D so I'm taking it into my own hands.

Go down

I'm tired of being without D3D so I'm taking it into my own hands. Empty I'm tired of being without D3D so I'm taking it into my own hands.

Post  MR.X Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:51 am

You heard me. I got impatient so I decided to take matter is inot my own hands. Armed with only a hex editor and no prior knowledge of editing hex I will now do a trial and error process of getting D3D to work on newer graphics cards. After this project is finished an I succeed I'll work on restoring D3D and possibly even Glide in Carnivores 1. (interestingly glide doesn't work in C1 on XP even with a glide wrapper. It acts the same way C2 and IA acted back when Alacn's patch wasn't even thought of.)

Wish me luck,

Glitch

PS I'm probably going to get some hex editing training from some of my rom hacking friends on some of the other forums I go to.
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Male Number of posts : 42
Location : Bloomington, Indiana, USA. Home of Indiana University
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Dinosaur
Name: Justin AKA Glisp
Health:
I'm tired of being without D3D so I'm taking it into my own hands. Left_bar_bleue100/100I'm tired of being without D3D so I'm taking it into my own hands. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Species: Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum