Carnivores CE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm having download problems

4 posters

Go down

I'm having download problems Empty I'm having download problems

Post  MR.X Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:02 am

Well I can't download CCE Even with the Software rendering because my shitty Internet connection is screwing me over. Also Rapidshare makes damn sure that people likeme can't download anything. A bit torrent file sure would be nice. It would be even better if there were some seeds and Peers too as I have connection problems in bit torrents otherwise and nothing ever downloads.
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Male Number of posts : 42
Location : Bloomington, Indiana, USA. Home of Indiana University
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Dinosaur
Name: Justin AKA Glisp
Health:
I'm having download problems Left_bar_bleue100/100I'm having download problems Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Species: Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

I'm having download problems Empty Re: I'm having download problems

Post  Domecillo Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 am

I don't want to sound llike a d*ck but just go out and get a new computer. New ones today aren't all that much unless your getting into the high-tech crap. And may I suggest an HP, Dells suck.

Here is a decent HP for $279.99.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=desktops&a1=Category&v1=Everyday+computing&series_name=a6600z_series

Plus, I don't think your all that poor. Internet is a lot each month. Mad
Domecillo
Domecillo
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  MR.X Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:10 am

That would be nice but it isn't my computer. It is the internet connection that's the problem. It is a very cheap and shitty wireless connection that is being produced by an even cheaper brand of router. No one at my house wants to do anything about getting a more expensive router either.

Also where the hell did you get that it was my computer that was the problem? My computer runs fine and at a very good speed too. It is my internet connection that is the problem. I never once mentioned my computer being the culprit, I even checked to see if I mentioned my computer and I didn't mention it once.
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Dinosaur
Health:
I'm having download problems Left_bar_bleue100/100I'm having download problems Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  Domecillo Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:58 am

Sorry, I just scammed through it fast. My mistake.

Well anyway. I have the same problem with my PS3 and the Internet. I just decided to get two 50ft long ethernet cables, fused then together and ran it through the ceiling.

Once again, my mistake.
Domecillo
Domecillo
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Back to top Go down

Post  MR.X Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 am

Its alright dude. It isn't anyone's fault my internet connection is screwed up. I guess I was sort of pissed off so I kind of lashed at you. sorry about that. At least I didn't bring out the caps and exclamation points on you. I don't really enjoy flaming people. It makes me feel bad afterwards.... Crying or Very sad
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Domecillo Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:03 am

Hey man, I forgive you though I'm the one needing to be forgiven. Embarassed

Anyway, sheet metal, or metal type supporters in the wall, usually absorb waves coming from the router. How far is the actual router from the computer and where is the router located?
Domecillo
Domecillo
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Back to top Go down

Post  MR.X Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:14 am

Well I am on the other side of the living room wall and the room the router is located in is in the room directly accross from my wall in the living room if that makes any sense so far. the only problem with that is the computer that is like the center of everything and is attached to the modem by cable which in turn is attached to the router by another cable is having the same problems. That PC is also as slow as hell. (interestingly the graphics card might be old enough for D3D to work on it.
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelphospro Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:28 pm

So your setup looks like this?
(-> means 'to', ie PC -> Router means PC is connected to router via cable or wireless signal, <- is from)

Your PC <- PC <- Cable Modem -> Family Router
(Which is Router -> <- Modem -> PC -> Your Computer)
Ie, your modem sends a single to the main PC AND the router, which your PC then connects to the main PC via router and uses "Shared Internet Connection"

or

PC <- Family Router <- Cable Modem
(which is Modem -> Router -> PC)
Ie, the modem sends a signal to the router which then sends a signal to ALL the computers (No master internet computer)
Routers usually have an 'internet' port on the back which you plug the cable from the modem into.

Also, how long are your cables?

It seems you have "Shared Internet Connection" enabled.

I recommend this setup:
Cable Modem -> Router -> {All the PCs}

BTW, your modem does use a CAT5 cable (Standard Ethernet cable), right?

Here's my setup:

ISP (Charter) -> Cable Modem -> Wireless Router -> {All 3 PCs, 2 wireless and 1 wired}
Used to be:
ISP (Dial Up) -> Main PC -> My PC via 50' CAT5 crosscable using 'shared internet connection'
Adelphospro
Adelphospro
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Dinosaur
Name: Bob
Health:
I'm having download problems Left_bar_bleue0/0I'm having download problems Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Species: Tyrannosaurus rex

http://www.adelphospro.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MR.X Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 am

The internet acts the same way even though the actual PC that has a cable hooked in is hooked in directly to the modem. That PC is also slow as hell. I'm begining to think my problem lies with the ISP itself. (Damned Smithville Telephone company!)

I don't know I'm not really allowed to touch it. And I never bother to check but it would have to be this one as there are a total of 4 laptops in the house and one regular (slow as hell.) PC. That PC is connected directly by cable to the modem and the router I think. I'm to far away and getting into that room is a really big issue because I'd have to wade through and ocean of my cousin's clothing which they mercilessly have spread haphazardly all over the floor, making walking nearly impossible as is keeping your footing. My room's trashy as it is but their room makes things even worse. (Oh and in case you haven't figured it out yet my cousins live with me and I can't get rid of them. I can't get rid of my Aunt and Uncle either. Luckily for me I get peace from them as they go to my other Aunt's house, leaving me at home to have as much fun as I want while I wait for my mom and sister to get home.)

As for the cable I'm not sure what kind it is and it definitely isn't long enough to reach my room which is on the opposite side of the house and seperated by the living room, a wall separates my room from the Living room which leads to my room from a hallway and makes a turn to the left and my room's door is on the left of the person after making the turn. As a result a cable will just get in the way.
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  RexHunter99 Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:04 pm

Mine

PC to Router
WiFi to Router
Macbook to Router
Wii to Router
(Pretty sure my neighbours stole the WEP and are using their PS3 on our router too >_>)

My internet is generally fast when untouched by the Macbook, even with the Wii and DS connected. I too have a shit computer... it still manages to load the information pretty fast though.

I'd check the router and the PC, maybe your ethernet card (or dial up) is of poor quality, or maybe the router is at fault. I doubt it's the ISP, they usually fix their problems every month to avoid getting the bitchy phone calls.
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Male Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Dinosaur
Name: James
Health:
Species: Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum