Carnivores CE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carnivores 1 Map conversion project

3 posters

Go down

Carnivores 1 Map conversion project Empty Carnivores 1 Map conversion project

Post  RexHunter99 Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:56 am

Okay, I'm taking a break from the hassles of 3D and C3Dit. And in my free time I'm fixing my MAP editor I made in C++ as a CMD tool.
Anyway, with the improved tool, I hope to extract C1 map data and use it to rebuild them as C2 maps.

Stay tuned for Images of my progress or post your attempts at converting the maps yourself.
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Male Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Dinosaur
Name: James
Health:
Carnivores 1 Map conversion project Left_bar_bleue100/100Carnivores 1 Map conversion project Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Species: Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Carnivores 1 Map conversion project Empty Re: Carnivores 1 Map conversion project

Post  Adelphospro Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:14 am

I'll post my research into the topic tomorrow Smile
Adelphospro
Adelphospro
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 157

Dinosaur
Name: Bob
Health:
Carnivores 1 Map conversion project Left_bar_bleue0/0Carnivores 1 Map conversion project Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Species: Tyrannosaurus rex

http://www.adelphospro.com

Back to top Go down

Carnivores 1 Map conversion project Empty Re: Carnivores 1 Map conversion project

Post  RexHunter99 Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:17 am

fantastic!

Btw, I've got my editor's source-code open atm and I'm having some trouble with strings and printf();

Also a suggestion for the final version of CCE, we should make a header for the maps files and allow for extra data to be inserted into the MAP format and the RSC format, eg; RSC can use different formats for the textures and we can improve on the MAP format with compression methods.
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Dinosaur
Health:
Carnivores 1 Map conversion project Left_bar_bleue100/100Carnivores 1 Map conversion project Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  RexHunter99 Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:59 am

Okay here's a quick test, tell me if it works because I just formatted my PC and reinstalled the OS, which is no longer Win2K but WinXP...

C1 Area1.MAP for Carnivores2
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  RexHunter99 Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:37 am

Okay, Basmachee Rocks (Area2) is almost complete, I need to fix the flags and the objects though >_< without the billboard sprites the level lags terribly.
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  MR.X Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:09 am

I know this is a little late to say and is kind of pointless but I just want to say one thing:YOU PUT IN MY FAVORITE MAP! I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER! XD
I love Basmachee Rocks. The mountain in the northwestern corner of the map is my favorite hunting spot for hunting carnivores. I'm a cautious hunter when not using cheats. I like to sit in high places and Snipe out Targets. I also love to take advantage of glitches, such as with the Spiral mountain mentioned above, there Are certain points where the charging carnivores (who are very retarded and don't know how to use the normal way like everyone else, so they do things the hard way.) get snagged on the side of the cliff and start running in place leaving them wide open for a shot. I love getting them stuck. Oh I have a video to show you what I mean. Hold on.....
Got it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VPx39591Os&feature=channel_page
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Male Number of posts : 42
Location : Bloomington, Indiana, USA. Home of Indiana University
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Dinosaur
Name: Justin AKA Glisp
Health:
Species: Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down