Carnivores CE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carnivores Area Editing software

2 posters

Go down

Carnivores Area Editing software Empty Carnivores Area Editing software

Post  RexHunter99 Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:01 pm

So far, I have a 3D viewer app (which was released at TCS) and this little beauty:

Carnivores 2/IA MAP generator

I've tested this tool on 2 computers so far, and the one I'm using now lagged horribly, but that's because this PC is a single core with about 100 processes going on at once and the RAM is probably sitting at half used atm anyways. The other computer (has a similar CPU and RAM) generated a .MAP in about 30 seconds to 2 minutes.

CPU = 2.5 Ghz Single core Celeron D
RAM = 1024 Mb DDR 400hz, 2 sticks of 512 Mb
GPU (Not relevant but I wanted to showcase it Razz) = nVidia GeForce 6200A 256 Mb DDR2

as long as you have decent specs, eg; a similar CPU and about 512-768 Mb of DDR1 RAM, you should be able to compile new maps.
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Male Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Dinosaur
Name: James
Health:
Carnivores Area Editing software Left_bar_bleue100/100Carnivores Area Editing software Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Species: Velociraptor

Back to top Go down

Carnivores Area Editing software Empty Re: Carnivores Area Editing software

Post  RexHunter99 Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:02 pm

News update!

We've always had to manually make guesses and estimates when editing Carnivores. Or we had to use machf's rather cumbersome RapidQ (BASIC) tools...
Now I've gone and spent 3 days in C++ and OpenGL to bring to you 2 (and a half) new editors! A .CAR editor to edit the animals and weapons. And a Map editor!
The map editor even allows for editing the RSC files too and whats cooler is it's all rendered in 3D OpenGL!!! I've basically recreated the Carnivores 3D renderer in OpenGL with the ability to add reflective water and bump mapping to textures!

This means that it won't be too hard to port OpenGL into C2 or CCE and this allows us to add in all those call eye-candies!
At the moment the map editor (currently dubbed CAdit, much alike it's character editor counterpart C3Dit) can only render the maps in 3D with texturing... but I'm on the verge of loading the scenery objects and once I do, we'll have a full fledged tool, that only needs editing features.

Inadvertantly, with the OpenGL-ness of the editor, this means Macintosh and Linux users can use these tools too (and the engine when I port it over) this broadens the horizons and allows even more users to play and edit ^^

That's all for now, stat tuned for the next update.

James
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Dinosaur
Health:
Carnivores Area Editing software Left_bar_bleue100/100Carnivores Area Editing software Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  RexHunter99 Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:50 am

Here's a screen of CAdit with OpenGL mipmapping and filtering, which looks frakking beautiful (and saves about 20 Mb RAM too Wink )
Carnivores Area Editing software Caditcisken0wa6.th
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  MR.X Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:14 am

The map editor come s up with an error when I use it. It says "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
does it have to be in the same folder as the .MAP files in order to run?
MR.X
MR.X
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon

Male Number of posts : 42
Location : Bloomington, Indiana, USA. Home of Indiana University
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Dinosaur
Name: Justin AKA Glisp
Health:
Species: Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  RexHunter99 Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:40 am

A public release of CAdit is getting nearer ^_^ I can't give off an official date because of school and any bugs I might encounter, but expect it within the next month at least.
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  RexHunter99 Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:32 pm

I've been working on the GUI today and I've devised a TresEd-esque open dialog Wink

Carnivores Area Editing software Cadit1xt7
RexHunter99
RexHunter99
CCET Programmer
CCET Programmer

Dinosaur
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down